Cross-compiling to Haiku

Jessica Hamilton jessica.l.hamilton at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 07:41:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

I seem to have managed to build a cross-compiler for Haiku, but am having
trouble installing it. Possibly I'm missing something during the build,
which didn't get pointed out to me at the time.

On the Linux host, the build was basically:
export PATH=$PATH:/path/to/haiku/gcc4/cross-compiler
./configure --target=i586-pc-haiku --enable-unregisterised --prefix=/opt
make
make binary-dist

In Haiku, after editing configure to set GHC_PWD=pwd (the bundled ghc_pwd
is built for the host, not the target...), that part seems to go well. But
in make install I get the following errors/output:

> ./configure --prefix=/boot/home/config/non-packaged
Configuration done, ready to 'make install'

> make install
make -r --no-print-directory -f ghc.mk install BINDIST=YES
NO_INCLUDE_DEPS=YES
ghc.mk:680: libraries/old-time/ghc.mk: No such file or directory
ghc.mk:680: libraries/haskell98/ghc.mk: No such file or directory
ghc.mk:680: libraries/haskell2010/ghc.mk: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `libraries/haskell2010/ghc.mk'.  Stop.
make: *** [install] Error 2

I presume those are the standard libraries it's trying to install?

Jessica