optllvm failures

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 24 18:36:24 UTC 2014

I have done a bit of testing with regards to my optllvm failures in the
testsuite.

Some tests compile but segfault when they are run, others fail to compile,
both with HEAD and 7.8.2, but those I tested all work with 7.6.3, although 7.6
gives the warning:

You are using a new version of LLVM that hasn't been tested yet!
We will try though...

I suspect that the LLVM backend thinks I have a different version than I
actually have, or maybe the LLVM tools think I have a different CPU than I
have:

dafis at schwartz:~/JNthPrime> llc --version
LLVM (http://llvm.org/):
  LLVM version 3.2svn
  Optimized build.
  Default target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
  Host CPU: corei7-avx

  Registered Targets:
    arm    - ARM
    ppc32  - PowerPC 32
    ppc64  - PowerPC 64
    thumb  - Thumb
    x86    - 32-bit X86: Pentium-Pro and above
    x86-64 - 64-bit X86: EM64T and AMD64
dafis at schwartz:~/JNthPrime> opt --version
LLVM (http://llvm.org/):
  LLVM version 3.2svn
  Optimized build.
  Host CPU: corei7-avx

But my CPU is a Core i5, not i7.

Can somebody confirm or deny that that may be the cause?