Coverity Scan

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Tue Apr 22 17:02:06 UTC 2014

Hello all,

As of this morning, GHC has been accepted into the Coverity Scan
project! The results are in and a few of us are combing over them now.
Some of you I'm sure would like to play around and see what it says.

Please feel free to ask me for access. In general, Coverity is
restrictive of access because of the security implications, but I
think this is much less of a problem for us in general. That said, I
won't give literally everyone in the world access, but there's no harm
in having some eyes.

The project is available here, and you can request access by giving
your email address: https://scan.coverity.com/projects/1919

Currently me and Herbert are the owners, and so we can submit builds.

I plan on inviting at least Simon M and Edward Yang as well. You two
can also just apply via the UI and I will add you as well.

Note that I think a few of these issues are quite real, but I do think
we'll have to mitigate some by writing a Coverity model and tuning
things to reduce the false impact rate. Luckily this shouldn't be too
hard.

--
Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant