Has the behavior of -fno-ghci-sandbox changed with ghc-7.8.2?

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 19:43:02 UTC 2014

I ticket #8371 I reported a problem using embedded R with ghci (no problem
when application is compiled with ghc). The work-around was to use
the option -fno-ghci-sandbox with ghci, as this prevented ghci from starting
a new thread (R is not thread-safe).

This worked fine with pre-release ghci 7.7 (built from source using
BuildFlavour = quick), but now I get a segfault on startup
using ghci 7.8.2, suggesting that the behavior of -fno-ghci-sandbox
may have changed, perhaps because of the way the Linux binary
distribution was built.

Has the behavior of -fno-ghci-sandbox changed, or could it have been
changed because of the way the Linux binary distribution was built?

BTW, I would have posted this as a follow-up to the ticket but I forgot
my password. How does one reset the password on the ticket
tracker site?

Thanks,
Dominick