7.8.1 plan

Jens Petersen petersen at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 11 00:36:51 UTC 2014

Thanks Austin,

https://github.com/ghc/ghc/commit/abb86adf7f749b3d44887d28bc96b43c5a1e0631abb86adf7f749b3d44887d28bc96b43c5a1e0631

> which was merged post RC2. I base this on the fact your build is failing
> during the dynamic build. Do try a reverse patch and see if it helps.

Yes, that fixed the build with the standard bfd linker
(http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=6722847).
It seems to pass the dyn helloworld test at least.

I believe Karel is right - you just need to use Gold. Ben actually had
> patches to make the build fail if using binutils ld was detected, but
> I believe I had reservations about the patch which I cannot recall off
> the top of my head. In any case, a fix like that can certainly go in
> 7.8.2.

If it doesn't then I think I can "bootstrap" to 7.8 with ld.bfd
and then rebuild with ld.gold so hopefully it should work out anyway.

Thanks, Jens