Offering GHC builder build slaves

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Thu Apr 10 07:57:16 UTC 2014

On 04/10/14 02:52 AM, Alain O'Dea wrote:
>>> hmm, that's after GHC own platform processing is done, but what
>>> does
>>>
>>> sh config.guess
>>>
>>> tells you? E.g. on my two Solaris 11 I get:
>>>
>>> $ sh config.guess i386-pc-solaris2.11
>>>
>>> $ sh config.guess sparc-sun-solaris2.11
>
> Karel, I think I finally have what you were looking for:
>
> x86_64-pc-solaris2.11
> i386-pc-solaris2.11

Great, so this means SmartOS is just another member of Solaris family.
I've installed it and verified that `ld' and `nm' are really what we
expect on real Solaris. In fact thanks for your advice I've been able to
use its packaged GHC on my Solaris 11 to compile some code and even
attempted the bootstrap of HEAD for Solaris/AMD64 platform. There are
some outstanding issues with bootstrap so this needs to wait till my
weekend ghc hobby time...(if someone does not solved it faster of course...)

Thanks!
Karel