Offering GHC builder build slaves

Páli Gábor János pali.gabor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 09:31:08 UTC 2014

> I'll mirror what Joachim said: just get something working. Having an email
> sent to ghc-devs@ every time something breaks (and getting down false
> positives here is very important) is already a huge win, no matter what kind
> of build system sits behind that email.

The ghc-builds mailing list has the all the results -- however,
earlier there was the concern that folks do not want to watch it every
day.  I still do, just to know everything is all right.  Filtering the
false positives out might be solved automatically, I think, hopefully
I can come up with a solution soon.

Anyway, for starter, here is a nice core dump for linux-ppc64:

chmod +x
inplace/bin/dll-split
inplace/bin/dll-split compiler/stage2/build/.depend-v-p-dyn.haskell
"DynFlags" "Annotations Avail Bag BasicTypes BinIface Binary Bitmap
BlockId BooleanFormula BreakArray BufWrite BuildTyCl ByteCodeAsm
ByteCodeInstr ByteCodeItbls CLabel Class CmdLineParser Cmm CmmCallConv
CmmExpr CmmInfo CmmMachOp CmmNode CmmType CmmUtils CoAxiom ConLike
CodeGen.Platform CodeGen.Platform.ARM CodeGen.Platform.NoRegs
CodeGen.Platform.PPC CodeGen.Platform.PPC_Darwin
CodeGen.Platform.SPARC CodeGen.Platform.X86 CodeGen.Platform.X86_64
Coercion Config Constants CoreArity CoreFVs CoreLint CoreSubst CoreSyn
CoreTidy CoreUnfold CoreUtils CostCentre DataCon Demand Digraph
DriverPhases DsMonad DynFlags Encoding ErrUtils Exception ExtsCompat46
FamInstEnv FastBool FastFunctions FastMutInt FastString FastTypes
Finder Fingerprint FiniteMap ForeignCall Hooks Hoopl Hoopl.Dataflow
HsBinds HsDecls HsDoc HsExpr HsImpExp HsLit HsPat HsSyn HsTypes
HsUtils HscTypes IOEnv Id IdInfo IfaceEnv IfaceSyn IfaceType InstEnv
InteractiveEvalTypes Kind ListSetOps Literal LoadIface Maybes MkCore
MkGraph MkId Module MonadUtils Name NameEnv NameSet OccName OccurAnal
OptCoercion OrdList Outputable PackageConfig Packages Pair Panic
PatSyn PipelineMonad Platform PlatformConstants PprCmm PprCmmDecl
PprCmmExpr PprCore PrelInfo PrelNames PrelRules Pretty PrimOp RdrName
Reg RegClass Rules SMRep Serialized SrcLoc StaticFlags StgCmmArgRep
StgCmmClosure StgCmmEnv StgCmmLayout StgCmmMonad StgCmmProf
StgCmmTicky StgCmmUtils StgSyn Stream StringBuffer TcEvidence TcIface
TcRnMonad TcRnTypes TcType TcTypeNats TrieMap TyCon Type TypeRep
TysPrim TysWiredIn Unify UniqFM UniqSet UniqSupply Unique Util Var
VarEnv VarSet"
make[1]: *** [compiler/stage2/dll-split.stamp] Segmentation fault
make: *** [all] Error 2

For the details, please consult:

http://haskell.inf.elte.hu/builders/linux-ppc64-head/6.html

Karel (see CC'ed) runs the client, feel free to prod him for more.