I've moved the primitive package to github

Geoffrey Mainland mainland at apeiron.net
Mon Sep 30 21:05:22 UTC 2013

On 09/25/2013 02:51 AM, Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:
> On 2013-09-25 at 02:40:51 +0200, Geoffrey Mainland wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> However, I've tried integrating the new vector/primitive versions
>>> released into the GHC build (after patching up the DPH libs), but I get
>>> Core lint errors:
>>>
>>>   http://lpaste.net/93354
>>>
>>> any idea what's going on here?
>
>> Hm, #8138? Richard marked that as closed, though.
>>
>> You didn't try to update the version of vector in the GHC build, did you?
>
> Well, of course I did :-)
>
> but afaics the error occurs already when trying to compile the new
> 'primitive' by itself...
>
> But you can easily reproduce w/o replacing the 'primitive' used for
> building GHC HEAD, but simply by trying to build the relased
> primitive-0.5.1.0 package with GHC HEAD via cabal:
>
>   cabal update
>   cabal install --ghc-option=-dcore-lint primitive-0.5.1.0

Looks like #7643. Here's my work-around:

https://github.com/mainland/primitive/commit/21fd4d055a26552919d06fbf7433f72289969043

Note that DPH is tied to the old version of vector, so updating vector
will not work. I have patches to DPH to get it to compile with the new
version of vector, but the DPH folks have plans to re-do the way
vectorization is done, so it's probably not worth trying to get my
patches included.

Geoff