recomp013

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 11:08:20 UTC 2013

Is it failing on Windows only?  It could be an issue with the
granularity of timestamps.  I think we use more accurate timestamps on
Linux nowadays, whereas Windows is still using 1 second granularity.  If
that's the case, it probably needs a "sleep 1" somewhere.  If the "sleep
1" didn't help, perhaps it wasn't in the right place - it needs to be
before the second set of echo commands.

On the subject of naming the test, we want two pieces of information in
the name:
   - what it tests
   - the ticket number, if it's a regression test
So rather than just renaming it to the ticket number (which would lose
the information that it's a recomp test), I suggest moving all the
recomp tests into their own directory first.  It's really useful to have
all the tests for a component together, so you can run them quickly when
you're working on that component.