HEADS UP: New primops on the way

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Sep 16 14:04:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

Am Montag, den 16.09.2013, 15:48 +0200 schrieb Jan Stolarek:
> 1) Upgrade to latest versions of Alex and Happy (cabal update && cabal
> install alex happy). These versions are not yet available. When they
> are DO NOT INSTALL THEM UNTIL CHANGES ARE PUSHED INTO HEAD.

why? Will they not be backwards-compatible? Does this mean that I cannot
have a system (without sandboxing) that can build both ghc-7.6 and
ghc-7.8?

I’m worried about the implications for distribution package maintainers,
where ghc, happy and alex are independent packages.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim Breitner