AMP patch and performance tests failures

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Thu Sep 12 16:58:00 UTC 2013

I am getting validation failures from T3064 performance test:

=====> T3064(normal) 1741 of 3782 [0, 0, 0]
cd ./perf/compiler && '/5playpen/t-jastol/ghc-validate/inplace/bin/ghc-stage2' -fforce-recomp -dno-debug-output -no-user-package-db -rtsopts -fno-ghci-history -c T3064.hs   +RTS -V0 -tT3064.comp.stats --machine-readable -RTS  >T3064.comp.stderr 2>&1
peak_megabytes_allocated value is too high:
    Expected    peak_megabytes_allocated: 30 +/-20%
    Lower bound peak_megabytes_allocated: 24
    Upper bound peak_megabytes_allocated: 36
    Actual      peak_megabytes_allocated: 39

This tests has some instances of Monads and Applicatives so my random guess is that AMP patch caused that. Can anyone working on that patch confirm or deny that it increases allocation and causes this failure? I also got a validation failure from T5837 a couple of times, but it doesn't happen always.

Janek