A bug of multicore IO manager

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Tue Sep 3 23:52:12 CEST 2013

Hi,

As I said before, I started running HTTP server using Mio in the real
world. Unfortunately, the daemon is not stable.

After one day or so, the server cannot accept any HTTP requests.  No
error messages from the server.

The server is alive. To terminate the server (running in a "screen"
terminal), single Ctrl-c is not enough. Typing Ctrl-c again terminates
the server.

After several tests, I'm getting convinced that this occurs only when
+RTS -N<x> is specified (where <x> >= 2). The server runs well if +RTS
-N<x> is not specified.

My question: if the program complied with GHC needs double Ctrl-c to
terminate, what is the situation of the program?

P.S.

It seems to me that the server also is leaking space. The server is
getting fatter gradually.

--Kazu