Getting Involved

Blair Archibald mrblairarchibald at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 12:39:48 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm looking to get involved working on GHC - I've been using Haskell for
quite a while now and thought I'd give back to the community.

Bit about me: I'm Blair an (4th year) Undergraduate at the University of
Glasgow and my main interests at the moment are Functional Programming,
Runtime systems (mainly memory management/GC work) and Transactional Memory
(making GHC a great place to be!)

I've noticed that there is talk of adding a better flags parser to the RTS
and this seems like a good place to start (less likely to break things!).
Ticket: #4243

Is anyone currently working in this area or have plans to start work in
this area?

Many thanks,
Blair