[commit: testsuite] master: Update some perf results for master (4afbacc)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Nov 28 13:48:33 UTC 2013

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 28.11.2013, 13:36 +0000 schrieb Simon Marlow:
> update the test so that GHC doesn't regress again)
>      Expected    bytes allocated: 237077056 +/-10%
>      Lower bound bytes allocated: 213369350
>      Upper bound bytes allocated: 260784762
>      Actual      bytes allocated: 101150736
>
> Joachim: if you're building with DEBUG, that will adversely affect the
> performance tests, so you probably shouldn't run those.

ah, ok, sorry, that’s it. My bad.

With these you mean perf/compiler, but probably not all perf tests,
right? Could we mark those tests as with
        when(compiler_debugged(),skip())
then? At the risk of repeating my self, and especially with a ever
growing number of contributors to GHC, especially new ones, the test
should should give reproducible and correct results.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner