Moving travis CI repo to git.haskell.org?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Nov 22 22:08:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

so far the experiment with
https://travis-ci.org/nomeata/ghc-complete/builds is quite successful.
Now that I started to also run the testsuite with -DDEBUG I was able
spot some tests broken due to asserts in a timely manner, timely enough
to identify (with high certainty) the causing commit.

So it is a useful tool, and I would like to see it at
https://travis-ci.org/ghc/ghc-complete/ghc instead, i.e. not tied to my
name. Unfortunately, I cannot do that myself. Therefore, if you agree
that this is a good thing (until we have a CI of our own), would someone
with appropriate permissions please
 * Pull the repo from https://github.com/nomeata/ghc-complete to
   git.haskell.org.
 * Set up the mirror on github.com/ghc for ghc-complete (if that is a
   separate step)
 * and enable it on travis-ci.org.

Once that is done I can change my cronjob (which is generating the
commits) to push to git.haskell.org. If you also want to run that code,
even better: just set up a cronjob that calls update.sh in a checkout of
the repo, and adjust the --author flag therein.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner