Building GHC head with clang on Mavericks

Kazu Yamamoto (=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOzNLXE9CSScbKEI=?=) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Mon Nov 18 06:13:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

As I wrote in the following blog article, I could build GHC head on
Mavericks 20 days ago.

	http://d.hatena.ne.jp/kazu-yamamoto/20131028/1382921924

But I cannot build it recently:

----
"/usr/bin/ghc" -hisuf hi -osuf  o -hcsuf hc -static  -H32m -O  -package-db libraries/bootstrapping.conf   -i -iutils/genprimopcode/. -iutils/genprimopcode/dist/build -iutils/genprimopcode/dist/build/autogen -Iutils/genprimopcode/dist/build -Iutils/genprimopcode/dist/build/autogen       -package array  -no-user-package-db -rtsopts      -odir utils/genprimopcode/dist/build -hidir utils/genprimopcode/dist/build -stubdir utils/genprimopcode/dist/build   -c utils/genprimopcode/dist/build/Lexer.hs -o utils/genprimopcode/dist/build/Lexer.o

<built-in>:2:2: Not in scope: `#'
make[1]: *** [utils/genprimopcode/dist/build/Lexer.o] Error 1
shift/reduce conflicts:  46
reduce/reduce conflicts: 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
----

I seems to me that linemarkers generated by GCC(CPP) is not correctly
handled when alex is used. Note I can build GHC head on FreeBSD and
Linux.

I'm using clang with clang-xcode5-wrapper.hs.

Any suggestions?

--Kazu