GHC 7.8 release status

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Sat Nov 16 00:24:12 UTC 2013

Hi Nicolas,

I apologize if you didn't get the notice I sent last week on the update.

Right now I am endlessly battling windows, and while I actually DO
have a dynamic GHC working for windows with the DLL split (#5987,) it
is segfaulting in the stage2 compiler when compiling the 'time'
library, and I am still looking into it for the past day or so. This
is really my biggest hold up in pushing some needed fixes (I'll post
some details out here on the list soon, so others can help.)

I'm working this weekend to try and get a lot of it sorted out and
post an update, but I will unfortunately be gone part of Saturday.

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM, Nicolas Frisby
<nicolas.frisby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unless I missed an RC announcement, I'm pretty sure we're running a little
> behind the schedule from that email.
>
> Deciders, has the Nov 25 target slid back? Any new estimates, if so?
>
> Thanks much.
>
> On Nov 14, 2013 9:40 PM, "Andreas Voellmy" <andreas.voellmy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM, Andreas Voellmy
>> <andreas.voellmy at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I added a note about the parallel IO manager status to
>>> https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Status/GHC-7.8. There are two issues
>>> I'd still like to resolve.  Is there a target date for the release?
>>

>> Oh, I just noticed
>> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.ghc.devel/2569 which
>> answers my question (target is Nov. 25).
>>

>>> -Andi

Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant