Validate broken on Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 04:23:54 UTC 2013

Ben has an excellent point:

if things are broken on mac, lets fix it!  Especially since we should be
hitting RC status shortly.... any breakages should be smashed ASAP.

This does raise a point I hope we'll address more aggressively after the
7.8 release, namely trying to keep ghc less broken by default! GHC being
really really really broken between releases is probably the single HUGEST
barrier to more people getting involved in helping GHC dev. And I think
thats a huge problem we need to take more seriously.