Another CPP gotcha for the manual

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 08:41:30 UTC 2013

cpphs would be *another* GPL dependency.  It doesn't replace gcc, which
we need for other reasons, so at the time adopting cpphs didn't solve
any problems.  Now, arguably it would.

I'd still prefer not to add another GPL dependency(*).  But I'm not
going to argue strongly against it.  If we're seriously considering
using cpphs, we should carefully measure the impact on compilation time.

(*) For the pedants, yes I know the difference between GPL and LGPL and
the difference between library and executable dependencies.  I was a
pedant once too :-)