Finding & assembling class dictionaries from GHC plugins?

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Mon Nov 4 20:08:11 UTC 2013

I'm working on a GHC plugin (for compiling Haskell to hardware), and I need
to synthesize Typeable (and maybe other) class dictionaries for a wide
range of types, including composite types (functions, pairs, lists, etc).
Can it be done, and how? I think I'm mainly looking for mechanics of
finding existing class instances (however they're defined) and assembling
them (for parametrized/composite dictionaries), rather than mechanisms
specific to Typeable.

Thanks, -- Conal