Add Functor/Applicative instances for all Monads in GHC

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed May 8 16:19:56 CEST 2013

David

As I understand this, it's a library issue, nothing to do with GHC per se.  As such you need to follow the library-submission process
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions

Once the libraries folk are satisfied, we're quite happy to incorporate the library changes in the next revision of GHC.

We are seeing increasing resistance to un-forced library API changes, along the lines of "don't gratuitously break my code!".  The libraries list is the right place to have that debate.

Simon