Implementing Strict Core

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Thu May 2 21:09:41 CEST 2013

Johan Tibell wrote:

> I've been thinking about Strict Core quite a bit lately.

Same here. Ever since you posted a link to that paper on G+.

I've also been asking some questions of my local GHC internals guru Ben
Lippmeier. A couple of open questions Ben brought are as follows:

* The paper seems to be based on the System Fw + algebraic data types
  (including existentials) based core, while core is now System Fc
  with equality constraints and coercions. How does that affect this
  project?

* Does anyone have any feel for whether the Core2Core transforms will
  be easier or more difficult to write with Strict Core?

Cheers,
Erik