An idea for improving workflow

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 23:46:27 CET 2013

Hi Jan,

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 09:09:26PM +0100, Jan Stolarek wrote:
> The problem is that GHC an testsuite are two diferent repositories.
> One might commit changes to both of them, but if only one repo is
> pushed to the central git server, the problem with failing validation
> might occur.

Than perhaps the real problem is having two repos?

If you checkout a former ghc commit, how do you get a fitting test suite?

If someone develops a feature inside of a branch and also changes/extends
the test suite, does he than have a branch in the ghc repo and one in
the test suite repo?

If there's such a big dependency between the two, than separating them
seems only to introduce more hassle.

Or is there something special about the ghc test suite, why it shouldn't be
part of the ghc repo?

Sorry for my ignorance, if that's the case.

Greetings,
Daniel