GHC HEAD build error

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 14:48:45 CET 2013

I cannot build GHC HEAD on i386 at the moment and the last
successful build I have is from March 2nd. To be sure, I verified
it fails with both a cleaned build tree and also a fresh clone.

Tools used:
ghc 7.6.2
alex 3.0.5
happy 1.18.10
cabal 1.17.0
gcc 4.7.2
glibc 2.17
autoconf 2.69
perl 5.16.2

BuildFlavor: perf

Can anyone else reproduce the following build error?

libraries/vector/Data/Vector/Fusion/Stream/Monadic.hs:104:1:
    Failed to load interface for `GHC.Desugar'
    Perhaps you haven't installed the profiling libraries for package
    `base'?
    Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
    In the expression: ForceSpecConstr
    In the annotation: {-# ANN type SPEC ForceSpecConstr #-}
make[1]: ***
[libraries/vector/dist-install/build/Data/Vector/Fusion/Stream/Monadic.p_o]
Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2