LLVM 3.2 failure

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Thu Mar 14 17:40:20 CET 2013

> If you type llc -version at the command line, it really says it's 3.2?
You don't seem to believe me :)

[killy at xerxes : ~] llc --version
LLVM (http://llvm.org/):
  LLVM version 3.2svn
  Optimized build with assertions.
  Built Mar 14 2013 (09:02:06).
  Default target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
  Host CPU: corei7

  Registered Targets:
    arm      - ARM
    cellspu  - STI CBEA Cell SPU [experimental]
    cpp      - C++ backend
    hexagon  - Hexagon
    mblaze   - MBlaze
    mips     - Mips
    mips64   - Mips64 [experimental]
    mips64el - Mips64el [experimental]
    mipsel   - Mipsel
    msp430   - MSP430 [experimental]
    nvptx    - NVIDIA PTX 32-bit
    nvptx64  - NVIDIA PTX 64-bit
    ppc32    - PowerPC 32
    ppc64    - PowerPC 64
    sparc    - Sparc
    sparcv9  - Sparc V9
    thumb    - Thumb
    x86      - 32-bit X86: Pentium-Pro and above
    x86-64   - 64-bit X86: EM64T and AMD64
    xcore    - XCore
[killy at xerxes : ~] opt --version
LLVM (http://llvm.org/):
  LLVM version 3.2svn
  Optimized build with assertions.
  Built Mar 14 2013 (09:02:06).
  Host CPU: corei7

So at this point we are clearly dealing with a system-specific problem. The possible differences
that come to my mind are:
- I'm using LLVM 3.2 compiled from source, while you might be using a pre-built version from the
repository
- And I'm also using GHC 7.6.2 that I compiled by myself, instead of pre-built binaries available
at GHC web site. Are you using the binaries or do you also compiled your GHC from sources?

Janek