Advance notice that I'd like to make Cabal depend on parsec

Duncan Coutts duncan at well-typed.com
Thu Mar 14 16:03:16 CET 2013

On Thu, 2013-03-14 at 14:53 +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I want to give you advance notice that I would like to make Cabal depend
> on parsec. The implication is that GHC would therefore depend on parsec
> and thus it would become a core package, rather than just a HP package.
> So this would affect both GHC and the HP, though I hope not too much.

It's already been pointed out to me that this also implies the following
dependencies:

text, deepseq, mtl, transformers

deepseq is a core package already I think, though ghc doesn't actually
depend on it currently.

I should also say that I want to make Cabal depend on bytestring and
text too.

--
Duncan Coutts, Haskell Consultant