Snapshot release and DPH

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue Mar 12 11:16:32 CET 2013

Ian,

Simon just told us on the phone that you agreed to make a snapshot release of GHC (instead of a full release).

In that snapshot release, could you include DPH (and associated libraries)? That is, make a snapshot of the entire HEAD instead of just the parts that go into a full release.

The reason is that we would like to include DPH into the release. However, our usual approach of distributing the DPH libraries separately via Hackage will not work for a snapshot as the libraries on Hackage will likely not build with the snapshot. (This should be fine as the reason for not having DPH in a full release was to avoid sneaking it into the Haskell Platform with GHC, but a snapshot doesn't go into the Platform anyway.)

Manuel