building on Mac

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Mon Mar 11 14:33:44 CET 2013

I, too, had this problem, saying /usr/bin/gcc could not execute on a Mac. gcc was indeed there and could run just fine. Even more oddly, when I tried `make` again, compilation would get past the point it was stuck only to fall over again several files later. I probably could have gotten everything compiled with lots and lots of `make`s. `make distclean` didn't help. I thought the problem was local, so I didn't report. In the end, I deleted the whole source tree, recloned, and then didn't have the problem.

Richard