haddock test suite

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Fri Jun 21 12:08:58 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I've implemented the proposal at
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/NewAxioms/Nonlinearity, which
involved a few changes to HsDecl datatypes (FamilyDecl, TyFamInstDecl,
etc.), thus requiring a change to Haddock. I tried to be as minimal as I
could there, but prudence tells me I should run the haddock test suite. How
do I do so? The instructions seem to say I should just `cabal test`, but
that requires `cabal build`, which fails, seemingly because of import path
issues:

cam-05-unx:10:59:54 /5playpen/eir/ghc/head/utils/haddock> cabal build

Building haddock-2.13.2...

Preprocessing library haddock-2.13.2...

src/Haddock/Convert.hs:29:8:

    Could not find module `CoAxiom'

    Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.

Any advice?

Separately, I see that Haddock does not generate any output for type family
instances. I'd be happy to bring someone up to speed about the new type
families and such so that this gap could be closed.

Thanks!

Richard