Integer constant folding in the presence of new primops

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Wed Jun 19 16:27:06 CEST 2013

> If it's not sorted out, can you open a ticket, put in the relevant info (so
> we don't need to look at the email trail), and we can tackle it when you
> get here.
Currently there's a temporary workaround: I'm using new folding rules for all primitive types,
except for Integer, in which case I left the old folding rules unchanged. This of course should
be modified to make all rules uniform, but for now it at least passes validation. I didn't fill
the ticket, because the bug does not exist yet :) It only manifests itself in my patches, which
have not been applied yet. I'll add all the information from this discussion to my github fork of
GHC and then move it to Trac once the bug makes it to HEAD.

What worries me more about my patches is the performance regression in kahan, because I see no
obvious differences in the generated assembly.

Janek