How to build statically linking GHC?

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at singpolyma.net
Mon Jun 17 14:12:55 CEST 2013

Somebody claiming to be Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
>Interesting.  Why "super-annoying"?

Because I have to find and copy many files and then set up the library path
env vars when distributing.  Especially since the average Haskell project
relies on *many* libraries, this gets crazy fast.  Distributing to sane
systems like Debian (where I could just set dependencies) would be fine, but
for, say, blackberry app dev or windows or mac, it just gets in the way.

In fact, the static haskell librarie, dynamic C libraries approach GHC took
was a major selling point when my company was choosing what platform to
target for our blackberry development.

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted