Validate failures

Nicolas Frisby nicolas.frisby at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 17:59:32 CEST 2013

Many of those look familiar to the validation failures I've seen on Mac OS
X. Some are in Kazu Yamamoto's list too:
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2013-May/001163.html

Shot in the dark: does this indicate a dynamic linking issue?

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Simon Peyton-Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Validation failures with "make" on 64-bit Linux are these.  No prof or
profasm tests were run; not sure why.  But they are failing in droves

> Unexpected passes:
>    driver           T5313 (ghci,dyn)
>    perf/should_run  T149 (normal)
>
> Unexpected failures:
>    ../../libraries/base/tests           echo001 [bad exit code] (ghci)
>    ../../libraries/base/tests/IO        hClose002 [bad exit code]
(ghci,threaded1,threaded2)
>    ../../libraries/base/tests/IO        hSetBuffering002 [bad exit code]
(ghci)
>    ../../libraries/base/tests/IO        hSetBuffering004 [bad stdout or
stderr] (ghci)
>    ../../libraries/process/tests        process007 [bad stderr]
(threaded1,threaded2)
>    ../../libraries/process/tests        process007 [bad stdout or stderr]
(ghci)
>    ../../libraries/unix/tests/libposix  posix002 [bad stderr] (threaded2)
>    annotations/should_run               annrun01 [bad exit code]
(threaded2,optllvm)
>    ffi/should_run                       T7170 [bad stdout or stderr]
(ghci)
>    ghc-api/apirecomp001                 apirecomp001 [bad exit code]
(normal)
>    perf/space_leaks                     space_leak_001 [stat too good]
(hpc,optasm,dyn,optllvm)
>    programs/andy_cherry                 andy_cherry [bad exit code]
(hpc,ghci)
>    programs/jl_defaults                 jl_defaults [bad exit code] (ghci)
>    programs/jq_readsPrec                jq_readsPrec [bad exit code]
(ghci)
>    programs/jules_xref                  jules_xref [bad exit code] (ghci)
>    programs/jules_xref2                 jules_xref2 [bad exit code] (ghci)
>    programs/launchbury                  launchbury [bad exit code] (ghci)
>    programs/lex                         lex [bad exit code] (ghci)
>    programs/rittri                      rittri [bad exit code] (ghci)
>    quasiquotation/qq007                 qq007 [exit code non-0]
(normal,hpc,optasm,optllvm)
>    quasiquotation/qq008                 qq008 [exit code non-0]
(normal,hpc,optasm,optllvm)

> Microsoft Research Limited (company number 03369488) is registered in
England and Wales