Two Hoopl questions

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Fri Jul 26 17:55:42 CEST 2013

OK, let's make it "Three Hoopl questions".

3) Consider this rewriting function:

cpRwMiddle dflags (CmmStore lhs rhs) _ = do
  u <- getUniqueUs
  let regSize      = cmmExprType dflags rhs
      newReg       = CmmLocal $ LocalReg u regSize
      newRegAssign = CmmAssign newReg rhs
      newMemAssign = CmmStore lhs (CmmReg newReg)
  return . Just . GUnit . BCons newRegAssign . BMiddle $ newMemAssign

Is this a correct way of generating new Uniques? If this function is evaluated twice will it generate two different uniques?

Janek