Exposing newtype coercions to Haskell

Nicolas Frisby nicolas.frisby at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 18:21:56 CEST 2013

It's available here (for now).

  http://ittc.ku.edu/~nfrisby/tcrn-plugin.tar.gz

Sorry for the whack build/test infrastructure: I wasn't planning sharing
this write-once experimental code.

The 'MyTcRnDriver.initTcFromModGuts` function and the
'TcRnPlugin.append_guts` are the key functions.

The rest of 'MyTcRnDriver` is only necessary because 'tcRnModule` is a big
function that bakes in its own invocation of 'initTc`. Most other functions
in the tcrn don't do this. I hope to patch GHC to factor 'tcRnModule` a bit
and export the pieces so that it can be re-used with 'initTcFromModGuts`
instead

Note the TODOs; mostly they focus on stuff like hpc and Safe Haskell. Basic
functionality seems fine.

HTH.