Some more questions about Cmm pipeline

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Jul 12 10:32:34 CEST 2013

It looks to me that CmmLive.removeDeadAssignments does indeed do dead code elimination.  It's best to do it in one Hoopl pass: compute liveness and eliminate dead code.

However, we want to eliminate dead assignments to stack locations too, so the liveness info need to be augmented with stack areas.

Simon