Any interest in moving GHC issues / wiki to github?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Jul 5 23:52:41 CEST 2013

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 05.07.2013, 14:36 -0700 schrieb Bryan O'Sullivan:
> We have a repeated problem with the GHC wiki and issue tracker getting
> filled with spam, and the server is currently taking about a minute to
> respond to each attempt to load a web page.
>

> I wonder if anyone would be open to us migrating the content to github
> instead. (Actually, while I'm at it, cloning from github is much
> faster than from darcs.haskell.org, but that's a fight for another
> day.)

just joined this list, but this will not prevent me from adding my
2¢ :-).

While github has become a great platform for sharing code, I find its
issue tracker quite simplistic; good and simple for small projects with
few bugs (<50 open bugs, maybe), but insufficient for projects with
custom issue workflow, things like milestones and issue owners etc. In
that respect, trac is pretty good, and so (with my bug reporter hat on)
I’d prefer trace, at least as long as it is sustainable to maintain it.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner