Handling in Android in Cabal

Nathan Hüsken nathan.huesken at posteo.de
Mon Jan 21 00:49:21 CET 2013

Hey,

I was just looking into how to add support to detect android as the OS
in Cabal. I found this comment:

--TODO: decide how to handle Android and iOS.
-- They are like Linux and OSX but with some differences.
-- Should they be separate from linux/osx, or a subtype?
-- e.g. should we have os(linux) && os(android) true simultaneously?

I want to add android to the list of os known by cabal because I need to
switch on it in the cabal file of haskeline to get it compiled on
android. But I would think that most of the time the same settings that
work for linux also work for android.

So my vote would be to make android a "subtype" of linux.

Regards,
Nathan