Massive detabbing of the source

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Fri Jan 18 10:16:54 CET 2013

> I don't think it's worth the bother either: conflicts are a pain and
> slow down development, whereas tabs don't. (...) there certainly are a
> few active branches with large-scale changes.
That's another good point.

I looked through the git history and it seems there are actually few tabbed files that weren't
touched for the last 6 months. It follows that tabbed files that people work on are not being
actually detabbed by them, unless the policy is to detab only the parts that are modified, not
the whole file.

I won't do this massive detabbing of the whole source since it indeed could cause more problems
than profits, but my opinion is that at some point detabbing should be just done or otherwise
those -fno-warn pragmas and tabs will stay in the source code forever. Perhaps it would be a good
idea to detab a bunch of files every month?

Janek