LLVM failures

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 16 11:30:33 CET 2013

| Remember getting these errors, and I remember fixing them by having
| llc-3.0 and opt-3.0 in the path.

Hmm. Well, HP has llc 3.1 so if that doesn't work it's a right nuisance.

David said to try -v2. Here's the result

*** LlVM CodeGen:
Error (figuring out LLVM version): : runInteractiveProcess: invalid argument (Invalid argument)

<no location info>:
    Warning: Couldn't figure out LLVM version!
             Make sure you have installed LLVM

I have no idea what "invalid argument" means. I can do further experiments if told what to try.

Simon