Dreaded "... has stopped working" with LLVM back end on Win64

Geoffrey Mainland mainland at apeiron.net
Mon Feb 18 21:47:31 CET 2013

I'm using the 7.6.2 Win64 port to try to compile HEAD with the
quick-llvm BuildFlavour (I'm using LLVM 3.1). This entails setting
-optlc-mtriple=x86_64-w64-mingw32 since the LLVM back-end doesn't output
the right triple when producing .ll files. Unfortunately I get the
dreaded "ghc-cabal.exe has stopped working" pop-up dialog as soon as
ghc-cabal.exe is invoked. Interestingly, ghc-cabal.exe behaves as
expected when invoked with no command line arguments.

I have no idea where to start with this one. Any hints? Has anyone ever
used the LLVM back end on Win64 (I'm guessing not).

Thanks,
Geoff