GHC failing to build due to errors in DPH?

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at
Fri Feb 15 20:09:33 CET 2013

I am trying to build GHC head and get the following error:

    Ambiguous occurrence `fromList'
    It could refer to either
                             defined at

This is using the stage 2 compiler and, I am guessing, is due to an
interaction with the overloaded lists extension.   I just deleted dph
completely, and used `sync-all get` to get a fresh copy, but I get the same
error.  It looks like the nightly builds are working, so am I doing
something wrong?

More generally, I don't really need DPH, so is there an easy way to disable
building it?