GHC failing to build due to errors in DPH?

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 20:09:33 CET 2013

Hello,

I am trying to build GHC head and get the following error:

libraries/dph/dph-lifted-base/Data/Array/Parallel/PArray/Reference.hs:50:11:
    Ambiguous occurrence `fromList'
    It could refer to either
`Data.Array.Parallel.PArray.Reference.fromList',
                             defined at
libraries/dph/dph-lifted-base/Data/Array

This is using the stage 2 compiler and, I am guessing, is due to an
interaction with the overloaded lists extension.   I just deleted dph
completely, and used `sync-all get` to get a fresh copy, but I get the same
error.  It looks like the nightly builds are working, so am I doing
something wrong?

More generally, I don't really need DPH, so is there an easy way to disable
building it?

-Iavor