Advice needed: programmatically generating primops?

Gábor Lehel illissius at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 12:08:51 CET 2013

Could it be done with CPP macros perhaps, instead of a separate code
generator program? If the boilerplate is fairly regular and only
requires placeholder-substitution, identifier concatenation and
stringification, it could be an option. Just a thought.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Geoffrey Mainland
<mainland at apeiron.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> There is a huge amount of boilerplate involved in adding a full
> complement of vector primops to GHC. I would like to reduce this
> boilerplate by programmatically generating the vector primops. My plan
> is to add utils/genvecprimops and #include its output into
> primops.txt.pp.
>
> Does this sound reasonable? Any objections? While I'm at it, is there
> any related cleanup I could undertake?
>
> Thanks,
> Geoff

Your ship was destroyed in a monadic eruption.