GHC 7.8 release?

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 03:45:04 CET 2013

+10^100 to Johan and Manuel. Breaking changes on pieces that aren't
experimental is the main compatibility / new version pain,

and I say this as someone who's spent time before and around the 7.4 and
7.6 releases testing out lots of major packages and sending a few patches
to various maintainers.

If there's a path to having a release strategy as Manuel suggests, and
having an intermediate release  with the new vector primops, type
extensions and such goodness, then I'm all for it.  A lot of these bits are
things ill start using almost immediately in production / real software,
esp if I'm not needing to patch every stable library beyond maybe relaxing
versioning constraints.

-Carter