nofib comparisons between 7.0.4, 7.4.2, 7.6.1, and 7.6.2

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 10:44:23 CET 2013

On 06/02/13 22:26, Andy Georges wrote:
> Quantifying performance changes with effect size confidence intervals - Tomas Kalibera and Richard Jones, 2012 (tech report)

This is a good one - it was actually a talk by Richard Jones that
highlighted to me the problems with averaging over benchmarks (aside
from the problem with GM, which he didn't mention).

This paper mentions Criterion, incidentally.

> 	• [[1]] J.E., Smith. Characterizing computer performance with a single number. CACM 31(10), 1988.

And I wish I'd read this a long time ago :)  Thanks.  No more geometric
means for me!