nofib comparisons between 7.0.4, 7.4.2, 7.6.1, and 7.6.2

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 11:33:39 CET 2013

On 05/02/13 10:13, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> I believe fibon/ was helpfully added by someone, but never integrated
> into the nofib build system.  Just needs doing, I think

Right - I think it was even integrated into the build system, but it
wasn't turned on by default.  I tried it once and something didn't work,
and I didn't have the time to fix it then.

There are some other collections of programs in nofib that aren't run by
default:

nofib/gc

My GC benchmarks (some of these overlap with the rest of nofib, but
might have different inputs/parameters).  I usually run these when I
change something in the GC.

nofib/smp

The concurrency benchmarks.  Edward is using these to tune his new
scheduler.  These could be enabled by default.

nofib/parallel

The parallel benchmarks.  It wouldn't hurt to run these by default too,
on at least 1 core and maybe more.  I generally run them on 8 cores when
I change something in the RTS.