simd branch ready for review

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 23:18:28 CET 2013

1) Awesome

2) Got it, yeah that piece is important.

I just took some time to look through whats currently in (on the wiki  at
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/SIMD/Design)
and It looks like for now that'll cover  my immediate needs quite nicely!
(I have a reflex to jump towards "ALL the THINGS" in engineering)

I'm still monotonically working on those tools.
Haven't had the time to play with the SIMD branch (vagaries of time
delimited by doing consulting for income). Once 7.8 is out in at least RC
status, I"ll have the bandwidth to properly start playing with the SIMD
primops properly and trying out comparative benching.

again: really exciting stuff, and i'm looking forward to using it soon!
-Carter