whats our timeline for 7.8 release?

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 30 14:13:22 UTC 2013

I'm just back from holiday.   In my last conversation with Austin we were expecting a release candidate before Christmas.  I don't think there are any show-stopping bugs; the last one was the irritating limitation to 64k symbols in Windows DLLs which was making it hard to build GHC on Windows, but I think we worked out how to hack around that.

I expect Austin is on holiday now, but I'll check with him when he gets back.

Simon