Preparing for a review of pattern synonyms

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 9 08:57:43 UTC 2013

Just to say that I'm very pleased by this work.  Haskell can abstract over just about everything except patterns, and this feature fixes that embarrassing lack.  I've discussed the implementation extensively with Gergo, and he's more-or-less rewritten it several times. It's quite pretty I think.

Thanks too to Lennart for pressing for it.  I believe the first impetus came at the Cambridge Haskell Hackathon.

Simon