Repository Reorganization Question

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at gnu.org
Thu Dec 5 14:03:42 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-05 at 12:31:40 +0100, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> What (if anything) do we need to do when updating existing local repos.  Will everything be ok if I just do
>    sync-all pull

...assuming there's no important uncommitted data left in testsuite/
(and ideally nowhere else in the source-tree), it *should* suffice to
just './sync-all pull' as this operation *should* overwrite any
testsuite/* files laying around (at least that's what I've observed so
far in my tests)

However, if the testsuite/ was already checked out before the 'sync-all
pull', the 'testsuite/.git' folder won't be removed automatically (and
it shouldn't hurt either, as 'sync-all' won't traverse it anymore after
ghc.git was updated)

Cheers,
  hvr