Getting Involved

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 10:22:58 UTC 2013

On 01/12/2013 08:53, Jan Stolarek wrote:
> Herbert, Austin,
>
> right, I didn't notice link to Newcomers is on the "Working on GHC" page. I rearranged it slightly
> by reversing first three steps. So link to Newcomers is now first on the list and I think it
> might stay that way. Link to "Working on GHC" is also in the second paragraph of the main wiki
> page, so I think we're good.
>
> As for the sidebar I'm using it on a regular basis although I feel some links could be removed:
> Documentation -> Repositories; Debugging; View Tickets -> By Milestone; By OS; By Architecture;
> But that's only my opinion - I'm CCing ghc-devs so others can chime in. If we could somehow track
> how often each link is used that could be a valuable information. Not sure if it can be done.

The problem with Repositories is that it doesn't live under one of the 4
main hierarchies (Building, Commentary, Debugging, WorkingConventions),
so finding it is a bit tricky.  I've just added a link to it from the
top WorkingConventions page so that should help.  I think perhaps it
ought to be moved under WorkingConventions/Repositories.

I don't know about other people, but the way I most commonly query
tickets is from the Roadmap page: pick a milestone and click on "active
tickets".